Decision Maker: Audit Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Finance Lead Specialist (Section 151) presented the Strategic Risk Register (Quarter 3) 2019/20 which outlined all of those risks above and below the line of risk tolerance. Mitigations designed to reduce the risks in terms of likelihood or impact or both were listed against each risk above the line of tolerance. The Strategic Risk Register was reviewed by the Corporate Management Team each quarter as part of the Council’s quarterly performance monitoring and reporting arrangements and that review had informed this report.
The report indicated that over 66% of the Strategic Risks were positioned below the level of risk tolerance which demonstrated the effective mitigation and regular review of the risks.
The Finance Lead Specialist (Section 151 Officer), in response to a query, listed those Strategic Risks which remained above the level of tolerance:-
· Risk 6 – Medium Term Financial Planning – delivery of a balanced budget;
· Risk 14 – Unintended impacts of efficiencies and service changes;
· Risk 15 – Customer Connect Programme;
· Risk 20 – Capacity for Business as Usual during the transition to the new organisational model; and
· Risk 21 – Accountable Body for large value schemes.
She explained that work continued in relation to these areas but that the positions of the risks had not yet moved.
RESOLVED – That the Strategic Risk Register, as at Appendix 1 to the report, be noted.
Report author: John Davies
Publication date: 18/12/2019
Date of decision: 05/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 05/12/2019 - Audit Committee