Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Finance Specialist introduced the audited Statement of Accounts and Annual Governance Statement for 2019-20 and Appendices 1, 2, 3 & 4. The unaudited Statement of Accounts had been approved and published by the Finance Lead Specialist (Section 151 Officer) on 24 June 2020 allowing the opportunity for the general public to raise objections, questions and comments with the External Auditor. Legislation required that accounts be considered and approved by Members and published no later than 30 November 2020 or as soon as reasonably practicable after the receipt of the auditor’s final report.
The Finance Specialist added that due to the ongoing pandemic and with Members approval, the signatures of both the Chairman of the Audit Committee and Finance Lead Specialist (Section 151 Officer) would be typed into the document and dated with the 19 November 2020 rather than signed in person.
The Finance Specialist responded to a question raised by Members.
No Member having raised concern when asked by the Chairman, it was
RESOLVED – That
(1) the audited Statement of Accounts for 2019/20 be approved;
(2) the letter of representation as at Appendix 2 to the report, be approved;
(3) the Chairman of the Audit Committee be authorised to sign the letter of representation and the Statement of Accounts on behalf of the Committee;
(4) that the Chairman of the Audit Committee be authorised to re-sign the Statement of Accounts in the event of further amendments following the final audit findings report;
(5) that the Annual Governance Statement action plan be noted; and
(6) that the External Audit action plan be noted.
Publication date: 13/01/2021
Date of decision: 19/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 19/11/2020 - Audit Committee